Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
What's wrong with straps? I made a wood bike rack for my truck to hold 3 bikes upright that works great and cost me about $20. Then I bought a long lock to lock the bikes right to the bed.

·
Canadian Invasion
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just not that handy with carpentry I guess. Also, My truck is all black, I'd rather have little aluminum brackets bolted on then a piece of wood.

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
Phi.Design said:
I'm just not that handy with carpentry I guess. Also, My truck is all black, I'd rather have little aluminum brackets bolted on then a piece of wood.
You don't have to bolt it in...

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
downhillross13 said:
looks good any dimensions?? i only have soo much time to buil;d this thing, cant just try out diferent sizes.
make a rectangle to fit between wheel well hump and back of cab...then put tire width planks inbetween (notice I said "planks"....arrrrrr)

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
CharacterZero said:
but don't you then strap them down? even with two wheel trays like that, you would have to have some straps - there is no waythe leverage on the wheel for a 6" board would work, right/
true............just a strap and go

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
DHross, what SMT said, I just made sure the tires fit, then nailed the "planks" in place, making sure if fit in my truck. I also put eye ring "bolts" on each side of the wheel slots and bought rubber bungies from homedepot with the hooks on the end to hold the bikes in place. The do flop a bit when driving around, but wont fall out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.