Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the trail map on flumetrail.com and they show "no bikes" on TRT from Snow Valley Peak to the south ... but the "official" maps on tahoerimtrail.org show everything south (or just a ways beyond) of Hobart Rd being off limits to bikes.

What is actually open, and is there a good route that would include Snow Valley Peak?

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Max was pretty close at one point in getting that section open to bikes with exchange for trail work but it fell through. Probably why that section on the Flume Website kinda leads you to believe it's open. Too bad it's really a fantastic section perfectly suitable for bikes.

Check out the cool Back county Microwave oven they got up there.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TahoeBC said:
Max was pretty close at one point in getting that section open to bikes with exchange for trail work but it fell through. Probably why that section on the Flume Website kinda leads you to believe it's open. Too bad it's really a fantastic section perfectly suitable for bikes.
According to the flumetrail.com map, there is a trail leading up to the peak from the east, and then another leading up from the Spooner-to-Marlette road (I assume that is the trail visible from the road leading to the top). Are either of those two bike'able? Ride up the back side and then down to the road?

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
anotherbrian said:
According to the flumetrail.com map, there is a trail leading up to the peak from the east, and then another leading up from the Spooner-to-Marlette road (I assume that is the trail visible from the road leading to the top). Are either of those two bike'able? Ride up the back side and then down to the road?
The one that goes from Spooner-to-Marlette road is pretty steep, but kinda fun on the way down, think giant water bars, one after another. Never been on the backside one.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I explored this area a few years ago & there is a fire road up the east side, but the last 3rd or so is not really rideable going up - too steep & loose. Getting there is fun though if you're into exploring. The road on the west side is fun (for a road).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.