Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a relatively new rider and just purchased a Diamondback overdrive 29er and use it to ride to and from campus 2-3 times a week. It was a steal at 500 bucks and i absolutely love the bike. Problem is I had a flat about a week ago and ever since I put the front tire back on it seems to be off centered, and the disk is rubbing the inside of the caliper only slightly, but it is audible. I was wondering if anyone has a detailed tutorial on the process of attaching the front tire or some idea what the problem could be. I consider myself fairly mechanically savvy and this is insulting my intelligence honestly. Any guidance or assistance would help me very much.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Just make sure the axle is seated properly. With the bike right side up and wheels on the ground, open the quick release, push straight down on the handlebars a bit so that you are confident the fork dropouts are fully seated against the axle, now close the quick release.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.