Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was riding Tolt yesterday and found this on Blair Witch.
This new road connects the West Rd with Ames Lake Dr.
So far, only one trail has been lost. Hard to say how many others will follow.

Vegetation Natural environment Plant Plant community Forest

Natural environment Soil Trail Forest Dirt road

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
flint said:
Was riding Tolt yesterday and found this on Blair Witch.
This new road connects the West Rd with Ames Lake Dr.
So far, only one trail has been lost. Hard to say how many others will follow.
Lost? I'm sure the trail continues on the other side of the road. A little re-route should get you there.

Monte

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Hmmm, there was word of the sale of the Port Blakely property (What most of the trails are actually on.) to someone else. This may have happened. The far West side does have some private in holdings though and if I recall, Blair Witch is in that area. Too bad, that is/was the only sustained down in the area. And, one of the first trails along with Cross Quadrant. Will be interesting to see what happens. But, for now, a quick clearing should run the trail across the road and pick it up on the other side. Does that road run East/West or North/South?

·
Registered
489 Posts
ah, the beauty of "Progress". man, i can't wait until there's a QFC, Starbucks, Quizno's, etc up there so i don't have to drive that extra 3 miles to get to the next island of civilization.

·
I should be out riding
1,866 Posts
mfisher1971 said:
ah, the beauty of "Progress". man, i can't wait until there's a QFC, Starbucks, Quizno's, etc up there so i don't have to drive that extra 3 miles to get to the next island of civilization.
I believe the zoning is such that it has to stay timberland. Of course, that doesn't mean the owners have to continue to allow recreational use.

·
Registered
253 Posts
King County's online parcel database still thinks it's owned by Port Blakely. I don't know how quickly it updates.

ACree has it right. New owners cannot create subdivisions because King County holds the development rights. They could log and/or could deny public access.

·
Registered
489 Posts
bisonisforyuppies said:
Meh. I'd settle for a gondola from the river to the top. :p
now there's an idea i could get behind. i had to hoof it 2/3 of the way back up yesterday because i left my sunglasses laying trailside :madman: after stopping on my way down to help another rider fix her chain.

the thought of just leaving them behind crossed my mind, until i remembered what they cost.

·
I should be out riding
1,866 Posts
bisonisforyuppies said:
Meh. I'd settle for a gondola from the river to the top. :p
Yeah, cause that's way too much climbing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.