Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Comp is sold out until the next release, I was thinking of going with the Pro. Specs are not questioned and top notch. I would like to hear from people who have ridden the bike for some time. What are some the pros/cons that you came across? Did you find anything unexpected?

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know this isn't exactly what answer you are looking for but maybe this will help a bit. I purchased the Comp version. I seriously considered the Pro and for two specific reasons. I like the front fork on the Pro, well theoretically I like it. I don't have a serious problem with the Splice on the Comp but it seems only adequate so far. I also like the stopping power of the hydraulic brakes. My mechanicals are good but I've ridden bikes with hydros and really like it better. If I had a bit more money I would've got the Pro... although I really like the red frame better!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wisart,

Funny, if I had to choose a color, I would have preferred the charcoal grey. Retail, the Manitou R7 Elite is a $300 fork and I've read decent reviews on generic R7. Technically, it seems like a strong fork.

I'm really more concern with how the ride is. Everything I've read, speaks highly of the frame. Lightweight, about 3.5lbs. I would be curious as to who designed the frame or is just a generic made by asian manufacturers. Is it used in other bikes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.