Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in need of basically an entire drivetrain for a commuter I'm building up.
Of first and foremost concern is a wheelset: Freewheel, 7 or 8 spd cassette.
Next on the list is a crank 110 BCD 172.5 or 175 for something around a 125mm BB.
Derailleurs, Shifters also

Would also be interested in either a straight blade steel 1 1/4" fork or an aluminum 1 1/4" fork.

Please PM me if you have any of the above that you're looking to part with.

And of course to appease the moderator Gods
http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin...sults_format=long&db_id=87366&query=retrieval

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crank, Shifters, Derailleurs Found

Thanks 415m3

Still Seeking wheelset and 1 1/4" fork

And Anything on my Wanted List (see below)

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dont Have Any Pics Handy

Its all carbon and kind of ugly and chunky looking where both arms extend past the top where the BB mounts (sorta like the non drive sides of the new shimano design). It also used a unique BB with oversized spindle and bearings.

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
Are you looking for something basic (ie Shimano) or are you looking for something a little different?

I have an old wheel set that Dave Thomas at Speed Dream built up for me in the early '90s sitting in my storage locker.

Sun Chinook (C-17?) rims with Hi-E hubs, the rims are fairly worn, and the rear hub bearings need to be replaced (not that big of a deal, but you do have to de-lace the non-drive side spokes to get into the bearings). Radial laced front, 3X & radial rear.

I was using them on my commuter bike up till about a year ago, but when the bearings started to go I just put on an old Shimano LX set.

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
If you aren't familiar with Hi-E, here is a pic from the net of a Hi-E rear road hub.

https://derbyking.com/Chrome/Nail/56.jpg

The hubs on the wheels have a black cylinderical section.

~~~~~~~~~~

Just remembered, I bought these wheels after reading an article in an old MBA where they built up a light weight GT Xizang (sp) and used the same wheel set. Anyone else remember the article?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.