Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the choice of the 2 hubs, which one would you go with? Larry was kind enough to send pics for me to check it out first (he is just awesome to work with). The blue does not exactly match the Phil Wood frame color but still looks cool. I know it really does not matter but I figure while i wait on the rims to become available, I can sort the more trivial stuff out. The rest of the components are currently slated to be silver as well but perhaps too much? (silver = stem, headset, bars, skewers, ENO cranks ENO)

cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
FoShizzle said:
Given the choice of the 2 hubs, which one would you go with? Larry was kind enough to send pics for me to check it out first (he is just awesome to work with). The blue does not exactly match the Phil Wood frame color but still looks cool. I know it really does not matter but I figure while i wait on the rims to become available, I can sort the more trivial stuff out. The rest of the components are currently slated to be silver as well but perhaps too much? (silver = stem, headset, bars, skewers, ENO cranks ENO)

cheers
BLUE!

·
blame me for missed rides
789 Posts
FoShizzle said:

cheers
er...one hub is front the other is rear. you can't really choose can you?

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
weather said:
er...one hub is front the other is rear. you can't really choose can you?
That was just a pic for me to pick color. Larry ordered a second frame when I bought mine and an extra set of hubs (ie, blue set and silver set). Here are the 2 frames (1 is mine :) )

Cheers

Attachments

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Yet another vote for BLUE here. That there blue is so nice, rich and deep that I wouldn't be able to turn it down my self. There'd be no debate. I'd go w/blue hubs/headset and silver everything else. Nice and tastefull, yet a splash of color. Kinda wish I were in the market for new spendy hubs. I LOVE that blue man.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bike Nazi said:
Classic silver for your brand new classic bike.
current order with Larry actually has:
* silver Hope skewers
* silver Hope seatpost clamp
* silver Thomson stem
* silver Thomson post
* silver King headset
* Azonic silver handlebar

but if I went with Blue hubs, and it matched close enough to Hope and/or King blue, I may mix and match blues/silvers/blacks....I need an interior designer cause I just cant picture what works best.

cheers and thanks for the input

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think i will be going blue hubs....your idea sounds quite good actually. guess I could just leave the rest of the order the same and change the headset color pretty easily (King Navy looks pretty close)

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FoShizzle said:

cheers
Based on all of your infinite wisdom on this board, I have come up with the following (since I have nothing better to do right now) to go with the lovely Phil Wood SS frame. How is this for an overly anal color speced bike? I "think" this will look good.

* Silver ENO cranks with Silver chainring
* Blue Phil Wood Hubs
* Blue/Navy King Headset
* Silver Thomson Stem
* Polished/Silver Azonic Handlebars
* Hope Silver wheel skewers
* Hope Silver seatpost clamp
* Blue Hope M2 brake bore caps (instead of stock gold)
* Blue Hope reservoir caps (because I am too dumb to use money for other things and what is another $15 or so at this point)
* Blue dangerboy bar end plugs
* Hope Blue fork hose guides to go in the F80X v-brake bosses
* Maybe Blue Dangerboy or Hope levers

G

·
The Blue

I deliberately matched the blue as close as I could to the King Hset.
You will be one of very few that have blue if you get it. From what I recall we only did like 18 sets of hubs most of which were track.
Webcyclery got all the other blue SS hubs aside from the ones that went on Jim's Piss Off.

You should see the green beast I'm working on now....oh my!

Cheers,
Brent

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.