Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The white bike thread got me thinking about Tread the movie. My memories are hazy so.... who rode and who made the white hard tail with orange pokadots. I saw the movie once 15? years ago so the chances of me helping are slim to none.
Jeff

·
Registered
512 Posts
jeff said:
The white bike thread got me thinking about Tread the movie. My memories are hazy so.... who rode and who made the white hard tail with orange pokadots. I saw the movie once 15? years ago so the chances of me helping are slim to none.
Jeff
I think it was Greg H's bike? I know him and Hans were the 'stars' of it, but for some reason I think that was his bike. I remember it had a camera mounted on it for some shots.

·
Neo-Retro Forever
1,576 Posts
I think Orange (from the UK) had a white frame with orange dots...but I'm not sure it was in Tread. I'll have to watch my Tread:the movie DVD tonight and find out!

rb

·
All 26.5" all the time!
1,855 Posts
It was H-ball's bike. You could see in on top of the Olds wagon in many of the opening scenes.

It was tig welded aluminum, and custom painted (with a matching Mag 20) white with red polka dots. No obvious logos to indicate the builder.

·
Illuminati
1,729 Posts
I havent seen Tread for some time either,.. although arent the bike sponsors shown in the opening credits? might give some clue to the bike? ..fairly certain its ridden in the "slickrock" scene?

I love the tioga disc drive section of that film.. purely as it sounds so cool :D

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
At the time H-Ball rode for Miyata, so it could be a Miyata.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
I always thought it was a re-painted Cannondale. It could have been the angle of the shot, but the seat stays looked really steep like the 'dale used to do. Been a while since I've popped that into the VCR...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts