Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
61 - 80 of 1302 Posts

·
Ride the dream
1,381 Posts
nuck_chorris said:
oh I just love Toyotas
Why?

Ok, they're good cars (especially re: reliability) but not particularly inspiring...

Ps: Have you ever tried the thing with google where you type in "find chuck norris" and hit the 'feeling lucky' button?

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
EnglishT said:
Why?

Ok, they're good cars (especially re: reliability) but not particularly inspiring...

Ps: Have you ever tried the thing with google where you type in "find chuck norris" and hit the 'feeling lucky' button?
yea I Just did that, but me and him are cool now. anytime I see a Toyota that I haven't seen before i have to ask, right now I am looking into buying a pre 2000 Std. cab Tacoma

·
From Russia with luv!
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Posting up recent frames and bikes

This bike has been built as a birthday present for a Russian senator :)
It was first planned as a fully XTR bike but since these parts are extremely expensive here in Russia and we were short of time - we had to go for XT.

So many times I have heard from my friends who just started riding bikes: "Man, I love my bike, but I have to lean forward to reach the bars and my ass hurts. My mum's bike feels much better. What do I change here?"
I knew this bike will never be used for hardcore XC riding, but rather for recreational riding in the local forest. So I made it more comfortable than standard XC bikes usually are:
1) used FSA stem with variable angle. It is heavier than the normal stems but it can let the rider choose the most comfortable position
2) put Ritchey WCS riser bars for more vertical and relaxed riding position
3) used comfortable wide saddle with gel inserts
4) put Wellgo platform pedals with sealed bearings so the guy would never slip off the pedals

The bike feels very nice and at the same time it's techy. Gears switch, brakes stop, the fork works and locks.
The guy was happy :)
All the guests had tried it that night. One even fell off the bike and injured himself a bit. Don't drink and ride! :)

Street trials frame powdercoated sky blue. Integrated cable routing. We leave a wire in the frame for easier brake installation

My dad's street bike.Triton frame and forks.
I love this one. When dad isn't riding, then I ride it :) It just feels sooo good. Quite fast (especially if you put the seat higher), powerfull brakes let me do some trials moves, it can bunny hop real high and it is light. Thanks to a Ti forks. It flexes a bit when I do mistakes and at the same time it's only 700 gr.

·
From Russia with luv!
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
SnowMongoose said:
Makes me want to be a russian senator!
(sad that she'll probably just collect dust though)
When his friends were ordering the bike I made sure he would be riding it.
He's got a couple of other bicycles and motorbikes. He does ride. Which is cool :)

I will take the bike to the mechanic in the end of autumn to do all the checks. We'll see if it had been used much or not.

·
From Russia with luv!
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Oblisk said:
any plans to make a full sus triton? (beautiful bikes btw)
Thanks!

I do not get many requests on full sus bikes and therefore trying to concentrate on hardtails.
Sometimes I get fed up with the bumps hitting my back when I ride in the woods, so I may come up with a full sus bike for myself first :)

·
From Russia with luv!
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Recent Triton build from Poland
29er frame, lowered top tube for less standover height.
1685 grams raw finish frame. White finish added 65 grams.
Total bike weight 10.7 kg.

·
From Russia with luv!
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Recent bike I built up. Matt black powder coating (as had been required by the customer).
Middle-range parts. XT rear mech. The rest is Deore.

It's very hot in Moscow and the bike gets extremely hot in seconds.

·
Ride the dream
1,381 Posts
Great stuff!

Mine is getting a new fork (tomorrow) as my fox is pretty much shot... pics will follow as soon as reasonably possible.

Dmi, since the pic I gave you of the first (rideable but not complete) build was rather scrappy, I'd be happy to clean her up fully and provide you with a better one now she's tidier (and I'll have time to spend on getting the pic right rather than rushing it because I had to take them quickly before a roadtrip to ride).

·
From Russia with luv!
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
EnglishT said:
Great stuff!

Mine is getting a new fork (tomorrow) as my fox is pretty much shot... pics will follow as soon as reasonably possible.

Dmi, since the pic I gave you of the first (rideable but not complete) build was rather scrappy, I'd be happy to clean her up fully and provide you with a better one now she's tidier (and I'll have time to spend on getting the pic right rather than rushing it because I had to take them quickly before a roadtrip to ride).
Thanks! Send me some pics I will post them up here :)

·
Ride the dream
1,381 Posts
Triton Bikes said:
Thanks! Send me some pics I will post them up here :)
:D

Well, this is the most recent picture, will clean her up and get you some better pics when the new fork is sorted out.

(Note, brakeline for the rear is deliberately just a touch on the long side as bars get switched between wide 750s for funtimes and these narrower 660's for xc)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dmitry.. I have been following this thread and find your frames amazing... The white 29r frame,,, was that taken in Sopot, Poland... Im from PL.. just looks so familiar...

Good luck with everything that you do.. Who knows, I might need a bike when Im in Poland soon again.. instead of sending my FS there...

-Jessica

61 - 80 of 1302 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.