Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont mean to get flamed but why even bother with a tripple on a hard tail, I remeber a kid at Calabazas Park was riding and broke his neck cuz he had a tripple. And that was a great park it just seams stupid to risk yourself with such a big fork on a little bike. Why spend so much money and why not just get a nicer fork? mabe im missing something....

f0ggy out

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I'm pretty sure the dual crown fork didn't make the kid break his neck. Was it the frame that snapped because it was not designed to handle a dual crown fork? If it was, that is his own stupidity. If you've got a frame that can handle the big fork, why not, if you like big drops and freeride, it makes it smoother. Dual Crowns on harstails rule

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
cummings said:
I'm pretty sure the dual crown fork didn't make the kid break his neck. Was it the frame that snapped because it was not designed to handle a dual crown fork? If it was, that is his own stupidity. If you've got a frame that can handle the big fork, why not, if you like big drops and freeride, it makes it smoother. Dual Crowns on harstails rule
aka Banshee Morphine... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I used to see DC's on HT's alot a few years ago, not so much anymore. I dont like DC's on HT's personally but I'me not against it. There are frames that can take a DC fork, hell some DC forks arent any taller than alot of SC's now.
I built up a Devinci Kicker last year and ran out of coin so I slapped on a 2003 Slider 152 to get me by, worked fine and the frame (handmade in Quebec for maximum quality:D ) could handle the hight of the fork, no worries.
I took it off in place of a Z150 that I've recently came accross, couldent be happier, glad I got rid of the DC, the bike handles so much better now, turning radius wise. The Z150 and the Slider are the same hight so there wasent any change in the HA, great.
I mostly rode up in Prince George BC and see lots of Morphines with boxxers and older Huckers with Norco Shore HT's with DC's, they can all handle the fork, but still, for freeriding on a hard tail...why? I like the added turning raduis that a SC fork offers which is needed on the ladders and skinnies plus, its generally cheaper...unless your in the same case as myself :p .

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
depends...some HT frames like the morphine and imperial and etc....are meant to handle fine with DC forks. some however, aren't which is part of the reason people sometimes have serious problems. i think if you want to ride DH/huck with an HT a DC is ok, but for anything else in between a reliable single crown is king.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts