Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
... I guess you won't be
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gettin' cocky on me spot, on our regular tuesday night ride at our favorite tuesday night local trail...the location is an area called "the crater" where you drop off the rim, ride under a fallen tree trunk and shoot up and over the opposite rim and get as much air as you dare.....and wouldn't ya know it, I had to put a foot down upon setting my wheels back on earth....I almost shat myself, but I didn't crash! [good thing I dont use those silly clip in pedals....!]

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
jokermtb said:
good thing I dont use those silly clip in pedals....
of course, if you DID you those silly pedals, your foot probably would have stayed right where it was, yes?

that said, for dirt jumping and tough freeriding I always use flat pedals - but my foot does slip at times, despite using custom-made shoes with 5.10 Stealth rubber on the bottom - and feet coming off (unintentionally) when dirt jumping can be pretty disasterous

·
... I guess you won't be
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew immediately after take off that something was not going right.....it was a command decision upon impact to move my hoof off the pedal and onto the ground to prevent the "there I was, my front wheel just skittered aside throwing me into the turf!"......Might I have unclipped with my 747's, I really don't know....I am just glad I don't have any rug burnz right now!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.