Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my first attempt at a led light was to retrofit a nightrider housing with leds, however without having any heat sink capability it would probably have ruined my leds quickly. So I slowly came up with what I chose for a second attempt and Im very pleased with my results.

attempt 1...

attempt 2...

on high Im drawing 720ma and I figure my battery will last around 3 hours, I can always turn down my power and get up to 24 hours out of my battery on the lowest setting

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the compliments, it is deff bright, I recomend anyone buying the cutter kit to get the newer optics I have both and there is a huge improvement with the better optic.

It is 720ma total and to the leds (doogs is correct) they are wired in series. Power is regulated by a bflex, battery is a lithium ion from battery space. Total weight for the whole unit; light head, cable, battery is 13oz not bad at all.

To mount it Im using a little Velcro with one strap to ensure it doesnt move works like a charm and it is very secure.

I will try to get some pics up comparing it to a night rider hid the nightrider is charging now so maybe I will remember to do it tomorrow night

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.