Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
LeeL said:
Wasatch Crest trail loop from Park City
http://www.leelau.net/2005/Utah2005/crest290905/crest.htm - more pictures and more great weather - click on link for more.
Very good stuff Lee, keep 'em coming! Looks like you picked a great time for some rides here before the snow moved in, prime fall color. You even rode the spine and lived to ride another day. Check my profile pic, real similar to one you have on here by that old tree on the spine. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the trip. Nice site by the way.

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Great post. Beautiful pics.

I loved the Wasatch Crest sequence on your website. Very cool panorama. Also the stitching of you riding the spine brought back fond memories. The guide book does make it sound pretty grim, but if you can keep you blinders on and stay focused it's all pretty rideable. I only dabbed on that initial narrow chute between the rocks because I wasn't sure my axles and discs (let alone my pedals) were going to clear. Then I got to the bottom and slow motion endoed while looking back to see where my buddy was. D'oh.

Did you return via midmountain or drop down at the Canyons? There's some fun single track dropping down into the Canyons now that wasn't there when I did this ride last. We climbed it during the E100 this summer.

Looks like I need to get to PC in the fall sometime. Beautiful colors. It's pretty much just greeen when I've been there. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,962 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Great stuff. Certainly rekindled fond memories of riding with you guys and then heading back to Fruita via Vernal. I was by myself but was terrified of going even an inch off trail. Was recently giving someone tips on the riding there too, which was a surprise.

BTW Roger - hopefully heading out your way again for some seasonal fun. No ankle sprains this time hopefully!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Seb

Give us a call when you arrive and we will set up some rides.

Lee

These pics are punishing me! You hit all of my favorite trails and more.
Just for that, we are going to fly to Italy on Sunday and hit Lake Garda. Story and pics to come in a couple of weeks.

R.

·
paintbucket
2,825 Posts
Wow. I spent 3 months in Vernal back in 1980 working on a pipeline. No mtb back then, and no time to ride it anyhow, but I've always looked back just knowing that I missed out on something spectacular. Looks like I was right. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Mtbmini said:
Seb

Give us a call when you arrive and we will set up some rides.

Of course. I'll be as transportationally-challenged as last year though, but I'll practice hotwiring cars before I get there.

Mtbmini said:
Lee

These pics are punishing me! You hit all of my favorite trails and more.
Just for that, we are going to fly to Italy on Sunday and hit Lake Garda. Story and pics to come in a couple of weeks.

R.
Just for that I'm going to ... erm ... never mind.

Forget Italy - change your flight and come here. I'll show you mud that isn't red and doesn't clog up everything on your bike. And we're allowed to ride in it too!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Brodiegrrl said:
When are you guys going to head west again?
Well, Laurie has us going to Hawaii in Jan. After that, maybe Moab/Fruita in the spring. I want to get back to either Crested Butte or come out to Washington for the old timers gathering next year if that develops. I'm always up for a Northwest trip.

Come on out to Georgia. We have alot of new singletrack within 1-2 hours drive and an extra bedroom.

R.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.