Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and I are planning a trip up to the White mountains in the first week of Feb. Our main goal is to teach her to snowboard, but we are very into mountain biking down here in Va, and I wanted to know if there was any point in bringing our bikes up with us?
I'm guessing that there is too much snow, but maybe I'm wrong! Please let me know what you think, as she is getting a new bike next week and is really looking forward to trying it out on new stuff! Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
There are some that ride all year round (mounting studded tires, and putting on many layers) but I would recommend that you leave the bikes at home in Feb. Especially if you are going to be up in the Whites. Enjoy the snowboarding and skiing...and perhaps check out the local trails on snow shoes or cross country skis.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think thats what we'll do then. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would have to agree. I'm down here in Lebanon and we have way too much snow on the trails to even think about riding.:madman:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that sucks... I think thats the one thing that I'm going to miss about living in the south when I move back. Year round motorcycle and mountain biking! We had our first snow in two years this week, and it was only about an inch. I guess I will just have to start diversifying my winter sports regimen up there, eh?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts