Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Don't Stop Spinnin'!
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddies and i are going on a "MAN RULES" trip to North Carolina to explore some different kind of trails. We rented a cabin somewhere in Asheville and would like to know where the good trails are at.

any recommendations?

we will be arriving July 29th from Miami (full week vacation)

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
ReD_tomato said:
So my buddies and i are going on a "MAN RULES" trip to North Carolina to explore some different kind of trails. We rented a cabin somewhere in Asheville and would like to know where the good trails are at.

any recommendations?

we will be arriving July 29th from Miami (full week vacation)
Do some searching thru some of the old threads...you'll find plenty of great rides listed

Info Here

check the Top 10 WNC Trails List thread ...good stuff there for sure....even good stuff listed in the Worst Trails List thread.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
you need to get this book

and this map

The book has all the popular pisgah rides. The map allows you to connect one ride to the next and give you the big picture so you don't get hoplessly lost. These are availible at any of our LBS and maybe by mail order from them or amazon or something. ENJOY

Get your book and map from a LBS here at backcountry outdoors

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you are interested in an "epic" type ride, check out this thread on a different site.

http://www.bikepasa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1298

We like strangers with purty teeth to join up on our rides. Serously though, the ride we'll be doing will definately give you a taste of the best that NC has to offer. The meet up is at the Davidson River. Read through the entire post and you will get a good sense of whats in store for the day.

I dont know you at all so dont take offense, but you will need to have a pretty good level of fitness. We'll probably be going at a slow steady pace for this ride, so you dont have to be a speed demon. Lots of climbing and some hike a bike. You need to have a reliable bike and a pack big enough to carry food, enegy gels or whatever you use to keep you going for an all dayer. Plus a spare tube or two and tools to work on your bikes. Its a long push back if you have a unrepairable mechanical issue.

We dont drop or loose riders and there are bail out options if needed. You are welcome to join in if you are up for that type of ride. We are an easy going group that likes to talk a lot of smack and generally have a good time. I like to extend invites to out of towners because I have been treated to some great riding experiences all over the US from trolling around on mtbr.

Sam aka Spoke on the other site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.