Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While reading an old thread today about elevated chain stays I saw mention that Trimble was still making frames. I looked up his website and it shows a "new" 29er carbon frame as of 2007. I emailed him but in the mean time was wondering if anyone knows if he is still in business and if anyone has actually ridden one of these frames.

Back in the day when he stated building the inverted 4 frames I thought it was a pretty cool idea and lusted after one. Now with carbon and 29" wheels it sounds even better. Just over 3 lbs for a frame.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,822 Posts
While reading an old thread today about elevated chain stays I saw mention that Trimble was still making frames. I looked up his website and it shows a "new" 29er carbon frame as of 2007. I emailed him but in the mean time was wondering if anyone knows if he is still in business and if anyone has actually ridden one of these frames.

Back in the day when he stated building the inverted 4 frames I thought it was a pretty cool idea and lusted after one. Now with carbon and 29" wheels it sounds even better. Just over 3 lbs for a frame.
Them's some short chainstays on there. I recall that when they originally began prototyping the bike they formed it up around a pine log that had been turned.

Cool bike, I would most certainly ride one just for nostalgia's sake.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Them's some short chainstays on there. I recall that when they originally began prototyping the bike they formed it up around a pine log that had been turned.

Cool bike, I would most certainly ride one just for nostalgia's sake.
17.32" So not super short. Close, it was actually Douglas fur wrapped in fiberglass.

He made his first Carbon bike in 1988 and designed for Kestrel so I would think he knows a thing or 2 about carbon fiber.

As to stupid, :rolleyes: I think not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts