Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trigger Pulled....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my next trip to Peru!

Anyone wanna join in?

Available dates for a full Cuzco/sacred valley High Altitude CC and uber-mega tons of DH, May 8-20th, flexible!

Gonna be fun! Similar to this trip:
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42384&highlight=Peru

I have very extensive experience, I have done 11 trips on various sections of Inca and Pre-Inca trails over the last four years. My company, Pocoloco tours, specializes in exactly what you are looking for. I have ridden all over the country, the Incan trail network, called the Capaq-nan, actually extends over 1500 miles, from ecuador to Bolivia, with spurs going west and east, towards the coast, and down in to the junge.
You cannot ride the 'classic' Inca trail to Macchu Picchu, BTW. It is strictly forbidden. That being said, I know of a few hundred miles of trail in the general region, around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley. My trips are totally catered...breakfast, hot lunches, 2-3 star hotels, a gastronomic tour of the finest restaurants in the region, and other amenities, If you so desire.
My trips in the Cuzco area (I can arrange first class trips anywhere in the country, with reliable guides, transportation, mechanics, etc) generally are 8-9 days, with everything included, hotels, meals, guides, busses, etc, starting at around $2000 per person.
(there are some variables that could push this price up or down, depending).
Please feel free to PM me for more details...Iong CC days, I can tailor to whatever the group's preferences may be.
I am arranging a trip for the first week in May, if you are interested, if you search 'Peru' here, you will find many of my posts. I will find some and link them with more finite descriptions and photos ASAP. I also have a few professionally produced feature pieces about my group that have been shown on peruvian television, if you speak any spanish, I have DVD's available.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=200544&highlight=Peru

(This last one is at 16,500 feet, FWIW!)

Most of these photos are from near the coast, I will put up some Cusco/Sacred Valley photos as well, if desired.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more...

Flowers amidst Glaciers:

Skinny dipping at 15,000 ft, anyone?

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I am REALLY living the dream...I live in the Tetons, near Jackson Hole....(on the Idaho side). The Peru thing is a labor of love, and a way for me to get back down and ride in the country I love, with great people...it is not my career, but it is a professional operation. Between JH and Cusco, Powder snow and superb dirt, I am quite happy where my life has taken me so far....

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drumset, Bring the wife!
There is SO much that a 'mixed' couple could do, it would not be a problem. I have actually thought about putting together a trip where the rider in a couple rides during the day, and the non-rider shops, goes culture hunting, culinary classes, spa life, horseback riding, whatever...just a thought.
And P-Funk, the issue you brought up has not been a reality here for 6-8 years...it is now one of the SAFEST countries for ******'s down south. I think you are referring to Colombia as to kidnappings. Peru is quite stable, and is enjoying an economic up-swing. You would be pleasantly surprised, I would imagine.

The people are awesome, and still love yanks.

·
You Are What You Is
920 Posts
Thanks for the info, rideit. I was half-joking, but I know kidnappings used to be a problem for wealthy tourists in some areas. Peru looks like a beautiful & interesting place to ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.