Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rigid dinglespeed monocog. Track fork end.

Just re installed my double chainrings, 32 on inside and 36 on outside. everything is oval and out of whack. I have a very tight chain then when I spin it 180degrees it's mega loose. I've tried to adjust most of the play out of it but when I get the inner one right, the outer one is wrong. Is there a trick to getting them both even?

Now the problem, I ran it like this for about 2 hours yesterday I KNOW it was too tight but ran it anyway because I couldn't get the adjustment right, when I was done my wheel was loose (not the dropouts, the actual hub was shaking back and forth even with the bolts tight. ALSO... My bottom bracket was slightly loose, I don't have the tools to fix either of these problems so LBS tightened it up and said it was good. Well today I'm riding and every time I go to CRANK on the pedals i'm hearing a loud pop especially if I'm turning and the rear of the bike seems way too flexy from side to side.

Is it possible I screwed up my wheel wheel big time?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Step away from the bike, it might blow.
Nice, I think I'm the one gonna blow OK

Serenity now........Serenity now........SERENITY NOW!!!!

I think the real question is how many days do I wait until I try to straighten out this crap.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
You don't make a mountain bike to those specs to just not worry about it, most of the fun is in making it work, right? I have no idea what a dingleberry actually is, or dinglespeed or whatever goofiness you're into....got any pics? Whole drivetrain, por favor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.