Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Ive been having some arm fatique issues. It usually occurs maybe 45 minutes into my ride. I mostly do mountain biking and the fatique really affect the way I handle the bike around corners. It only get fatique while im riding but afterwards it feels normal. What could cause this to happen and what can I adjsut to make it better. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tricep Fatigue in only 45 minutes sounds to me like a de-conditioned deal... Tis the cross training season... Start hitting the gym, get on a Program that makes sense and build a base over the winter... A Personal Trainer could be a huge help to get you started... I know because I am one!!! :)

·
Super Moderator
6,787 Posts
Yeah, the dips really help. Do them slow- and you'll accomplish more strength-wise, in a shorter amount of time and reps. Get the breathing down to do them right, too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Base on a good fit, My bike for sure doesnt fit me. Im 5'4 on a Med 17.5" frame. I might have to adjust my saddle distant and angle so I wont need to reach as far and hold my self up from sliding down. I dont consider myself in the best of shape, but I think i shuld have plenty of strength to do a 2hr ride. I mostly do freeride/am so endurance wont be such a factor.

·
Waiting for Godot
1,054 Posts
is it just the tri's getting tired of your whole body.

if its a over all feeling you are running out of carbs and need some nutrition. might help anyways.

if not and just one muscle group you need to do work it out on non recovery days.

try this workout. do a tricep machine or weight. do one rep and stop. wait 10 seconds. then do two rep's and stop.......keep going up one rep until you almost can't do the last one. then subtrack 4 reps and reduce the number of reps until you get back to one.

this will kill any muscle group and get you strong fast. once or twice a week with alot of recovery in between.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.