Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4Th of July. A day off of work. Waking up at 5 AM to the sound of a severe thunder storm moving by. Lame. Finally role out of bed around 8. The weather just down right sucks. High 80's allready and 40% humidity. Thunder in the distance. Wait around a bit in the morning with some cereal and coffee. I better get out now while i can before the family starts making the holiday plans. I knew bootleg would be the prime place. After the rain, the trails there turn to nice hardpack. Instead of the usual loose and rocky. It looks like quite a few riders had the same plan. there were more riders out on the trails then usual. Enjoying the fast packed trails. Something you rarely see at bootleg was mud puddles. I saw just a couple. The weather however, was almost torture. By now, 90 degrees with 30% humidity. I felt like i was riding in a steam bath for most of the ride. So, i took more stops then i ever do. Thought about the passion board a came up with some timer shots. Not as nice as some others. They are all first shots ,no repeats. Seems like only one shot off a bit early. I scrapped a few.
Anyway, Happy 4th of JULY!

Attachments

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Heh! Thanks a bunch! Sorely needed right now, since I'm off the bike for another few days. Another day or so before I can even do easy road rides. Though I'll hit the road tomorrow morning to go run some errands, and see how the hand feels sitting on the bars.

Wrapped the hurt hand side up with a couple loops of road bar tape, in order to give more cush, and a fatter surface so I don't have to flex the hand so much to grip.

Nice job on the pics; I particularly like the hawk.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Nice E! I woke at about 11am and got your message. I figured you were up at the mountain already so I didnt bother calling. Hope you had a good 4th. Oh by the way, I took the time to REALLY look at my brakes....not good. Headed to the bike shop in the morning.

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
Today was a really crazy weather day in Vegas. The thunder woke me up at 5:00am -- so I turned off the alarm (set at 5:15) and slept till 6:30. Watched the tour and figured I wouldn't get any rides in today.
By 8:30 my 4 year old was ready to ride -- so we did. We rode 4 miles in an hour together and I finally convinced her to go in and watch a movie so I could go for a ride. I adjusted the training wheels on her bike so it wouldn't be so wobbly and now she wants to ride it all the time! Since Monday we've logged over 6 miles together cruising around the neighborhood.

I squeeked in 32 additional miles on the road through Green Valley, Anthem and 7 Hills -- but the weather was actually pretty nice. I could see where the rain had been. I got a few rain drops on me while riding and ended up with a nice mid-day two hour ride. It was pretty sweet getting late morning ride in July in Vegas AND not being baked at the end. It's been a really crazy spring and summer in Vegas this year with 110+ degree heat followed by highs only in the low-mid 90's. I don't get it! And we still haven't really had any of the rains in my neighborhood yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
Ah yes. You've been ridin' with my buddy Tim R. Nice work on the self portraits.

I'm thinking about doing Bootleg next time I'm down on the 22nd. Any interest? I may even test the 6.6 out on some of the (mellower) downhill runs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.