Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sparty said he didn't see no hair line crack on my frame so I rode it one more time for pics. There's no reason not to go ahead and try to break my Beast. It's cracked and done for, just a matter of time.

Dale shot these pics of me trying to clean some bridges in the burn area on Fall Creek last thursday. I haven't practiced much trials in years and I was still able to do a lot of difficult moves. These pics were all first attempt cleans.

I'm not going to ride this bike anymore, it's gonna break soon. A hairline crack is forming near the wishbone seat stay junction. I wanted to get some last trials riding shots of me doing what I used to do all the time.

I really want to start learning to do all this on my fixie. I prefer riding fixed all the time off road. I can do quit a bit with my fixie already. Yesterday I cleaned all the knarly downhill lava sections near the Blue Pool on my fixie. I think my years of trials practice help me a lot in all kinds of real trail riding.

Pics.................

Hopping my Beast up the four steps on the Jonney Creek bridge.

Turning at and angle to make it easier, less steep this way

Home free, one more hop and I'm up on the bridge.

This bridge is real hard to get on, you have to hop and turn.

Very hard move, no room to roll off, you have to hop down and turn.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Boulders in Bedrock Camp Ground

I love riding over big rocks like these. You can always find things to play on with a trials bike. Most of these were real easy, the last one way harder, I decided to turn around on top and ride off the way I came up.

I cleaned all these the first time I tried them, you never forget how to ride trials. Rocks in the trail are all just trials obsticles for me. When you ride a lot of trials you look at rocks differently.

Pics...........

Stopping and holding my balance a few seconds, basic trials move.

I'm left footed my left foot is my chocolate foot, all these pics are left foot forward.

A little bigger rock, going over slow and controled.

Best move of the day, I turned around on top and came back down

Harder than it looks to not ever take a dab on new stuff.......trials is about balance.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good upper body workout

My arms are always sore after riding trials, you become exhausted in a few minutes. Learning the basic skills can help you out of a lot of jams. I can hop around just about any switchback up or down. Root wads, rocks, stairs and mud are all easier after a lot of trials practice.

Pics................

Hopping up left footed and turning, this is a very hard bridge to ride on to.

One more umpff and I'm there.

First attempt cleans are good.

I really though I could clean this.

I was wrong, I didn't get the rear tire up far enough and I slipped, that's a five.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.