Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
Update on the trail work

Valley Mountain Bikers
4 hrs ·
We’ve made huge progress already on the restoration of Brian’s Trail at Trexler Nature Preserve. Even got to test out some of the features today🔥🔥. We hope to have the trail open for all next week. For everyone’s safety, please stay off for the next few days while work continues. And thanks to all our members who support our work and the volunteers helping with the build. 📸 Steve Miller ⚒ Dirtsculpt

·
Registered
Santa Cruz HT2 (CC, XT), Stigmata (CC, GRX800)
591 Posts
Update on the trail work

Valley Mountain Bikers
4 hrs ·
We’ve made huge progress already on the restoration of Brian’s Trail at Trexler Nature Preserve. Even got to test out some of the features today. We hope to have the trail open for all next week. For everyone’s safety, please stay off for the next few days while work continues. And thanks to all our members who support our work and the volunteers helping with the build. Steve Miller Dirtsculpt
Any updates on the rideability of the new trail? I'm planning to ride Trexler Thursday or Friday.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
The new trail section is ready to go and sounds super fun!
The Return of Brian's trail is COMPLETE and it would never been a thing without the contributors of TreXxXFest the Valley Mountain Bikers and the County of Lehigh. A little less than $7000 of donations was spent to produce the trail.

As for the trail, we can thank Dave King of #dirtsculpt for the machine work and the hardworking volunteers that braved some gnarly conditions to follow behind Dave with rakes, shovels. seed and straw. Ben Kibler, Bruce, Cory, Dave Campain, Erik Speicher, Eric Mansfeld, Jeff French, Jared Barilla, Juan, Kevi, Lisa Hettler, Lou Mazzante, Matt Husted, Nick Beers, Rich Mitstifer, Ryan Close, Steve Miller, Tim Fitzgerald, Tracy Schrader and myself. #actionrental

The Return of Brian's provides trail users a place to build on the skill set mastered by riding the existing MTB trails in the North Range and it adds over 1-mile distance for the trail users that did not venture out to that part of the North Range.
The flow: Ride the Half Pipes like you always did then take Brian's trail to Buck Run, climb Buck Run to the kiosk at the intersection of Tear Drop double track, make a right on to Tear Drop and follow the double track past the next kiosk, stay right and continue down to the intersection of the Border trail where the lightening shed is just past the trail entrance on your right.
The trail is .55-mile long and has approximately a 30' climb to start as you wind your way to the top, once at the top you drop into 2 large rollers that should provide some weightlessness followed by a 12' tabletop with a waterfall immediately after. With all the momentum gained the next 7 or 8 rollers can be pumped without pedaling to the top where you again start a descent that lasts for more than half the distance of the trail first sending you into two big berms split by a roller and exiting the second berm with a drop into 5 rollers (First two can be gapped by expert riders and the last two can be jumped similar to a step-up), the trail descends more, goes around and under the old tree that the original trail passed (the only shade on the trail) then another handful or rollers that lead you to a step-down feature that shoots you right up a step-up feature exiting left via a berm into some undulating section that changes elevation twice before it descends once again but this time over a 4 roller washboard that will leave expert riders with some options, after the final of the 4 rollers the rider once again is met with a tabletop about 15' long followed by 2 rollers and some more undulations before a short climb back up to Buck Run trail.

To ALL, please remember to thank the Lehigh Parks and Recreation Director Robert Stiffler and assistant Director Randy Dietrich as well the Lehigh County Executive and Board of Commissioners.

This .55-mile of trail is an excellent example of what to look forward to in Hunsicker valley hopefully later this 2020.

Trex.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
1- the new extension of Brian's Trail is excellent. Thanks to everyone who worked on it.

2- Has anyone seen the trails since the downpour we had yesterday? Tomorrow is my day off and I'd like to ride Trex, but I don't want to make the trip there, then realize the trails are too wet, and turn around.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz HT2 (CC, XT), Stigmata (CC, GRX800)
591 Posts
1- the new extension of Brian's Trail is excellent. Thanks to everyone who worked on it.

2- Has anyone seen the trails since the downpour we had yesterday? Tomorrow is my day off and I'd like to ride Trex, but I don't want to make the trip there, then realize the trails are too wet, and turn around.
Did you ride yesterday? Curious about trail conditions. I plan to ride there this afternoon, if the weather cooperates.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Didn't go yesterday, change in plans. I hope to go today, but the radar looks like it may be okay to ride this morning, early. If you end up there and see a guy with a farmers tan on a teal trek- say hi!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Had a chance to ride Trexler today and it was awesome. Huge thanks to the guy on a Kona Process for showing me around. Awesome trails.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rideable this weekend?

Does Trexler really dry as fast as they say? Will it be rideable by Saturday afternoon? Any better local options?

·
g=9.764m/s2
712 Posts
101 - 110 of 110 Posts