Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
Santa Cruz HT2 (CC, XT), Stigmata (CC, GRX800)
589 Posts
Any updates to current conditions?
I'd like to ride Sat (3/17) morning, assuming trails are rideable.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
A few weeks ago I asked on their FB page and was told it was wet. Kind of curious how it is now as well.

·
Shartacular Spectacular
441 Posts
Has anyone ridden or does anyone know if trex is rideable this weekend? Thinking about heading up this afternoon or tomorrow am.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Has anyone ridden or does anyone know if trex is rideable this weekend? Thinking about heading up this afternoon or tomorrow am.
As of Wednesday afternoon, riding was a no-go. The main gate was closed and there was still snow on many of the trails.
If you ride there this weekend, please give a trail update.

·
Shartacular Spectacular
441 Posts
I took a chance and figured I’d go visit friends if I got there and found the trails were at risk for damage as I grew up nearby.

I was very pleasantly surprised given the rain yesterday, but it appears the heavy winds since did a pretty good job of drying things out. I’m all about efficiently getting in as many fun descents as possible, so my ride consisted of laps on the half pipes and broken arrow using Brian’s trail/teardrop and fireman’s respectively so the following applies to only those trails: The only muddy sections I encountered were on the climb between half pipe 1 and half pipe 2 (most of this is still muddy and maybe shouldn’t be ridden, lots of tracks in the mud though...) and one or two very isolated sections on fireman’s trail after broken arrow. Half pipes and broken arrow were riding fast, but BOLO for branches on the trail with all of the wind.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I took a chance and figured I’d go visit friends if I got there and found the trails were at risk for damage as I grew up nearby.

I was very pleasantly surprised given the rain yesterday, but it appears the heavy winds since did a pretty good job of drying things out. I’m all about efficiently getting in as many fun descents as possible, so my ride consisted of laps on the half pipes and broken arrow using Brian’s trail/teardrop and fireman’s respectively so the following applies to only those trails: The only muddy sections I encountered were on the climb between half pipe 1 and half pipe 2 (most of this is still muddy and maybe shouldn’t be ridden, lots of tracks in the mud though...) and one or two very isolated sections on fireman’s trail after broken arrow. Half pipes and broken arrow were riding fast, but BOLO for branches on the trail with all of the wind.
Thanks for that. Its appreciated.

Looks like Trexler tomorrow!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I heard that a new trail was going to be built at Trexler. Supposedly there was a $100k grant for it. Does anyone here have any info? When is it going to be built?

I haven’t ridden there since they killed Killdozer but if the trails are being expanded, I want to check it out.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I heard that a new trail was going to be built at Trexler. Supposedly there was a $100k grant for it. Does anyone here have any info? When is it going to be built?

I haven’t ridden there since they killed Killdozer but if the trails are being expanded, I want to check it out.
I wouldn't count on it this year. Probably sometime in 2021. Just a hunch, though, not really backed up by anything other than I know how long projects like this can take.

·
Registered
589 Posts

I've been hearing about that new trail for a couple years now. Hopefully it happens. Who knows when...

I will say that the trail crew has been doing an absolutely fantastic job of constantly improving the existing trails.
With all the improvements, Broken Arrow has become my favorite trail section in all of Pennsylvania. It really is THAT good! Definitely worth checking out!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks. I always skip Broken Arrow because I don't usually like out-and-back trails. I may have to give it another try.
Gotta agree with CC on this one. Broken Arrow is awesome. There are sections where it's easy to hit 30 mph. Can't think of too many trails around here where that's possible... at least for me.

And it loops. Just stay on Fireman's Trail at the bottom and climb the Boarder trail back up. Adds some nice, scenic mileage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! Trying to figure Trexler out without actually going there. This had the most recent posts I could find about this system. It's the perfect middle ground meeting place for me in Harrisburg and my bro and cousin in NJ. I found a trail map from 2016 that mentions three trails (brians, killdozer, bucks) that don't seem to exist anymore based on posts here. Is there an updated trail map somewhere out there? Would like to know what's the best loop to make from the Mill Creek Rd lot based on the old map if there isn't anything newer. Any other recommendations in the vicinity of I-78/100 (exit 49)? Appreciate any responses.

·
Registered
326 Posts
There's tons of riding in the area. Salisbury and South Mt. in the Allentown/Bethlehem area, along with options to the North. I'd recommend you check out Glen Park in Stroudsburg if you have time.

Any of the above are fun; Trexler is probably the most appealing if you have a range of abilities.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey! Trying to figure Trexler out without actually going there. This had the most recent posts I could find about this system. It's the perfect middle ground meeting place for me in Harrisburg and my bro and cousin in NJ. I found a trail map from 2016 that mentions three trails (brians, killdozer, bucks) that don't seem to exist anymore based on posts here. Is there an updated trail map somewhere out there? Would like to know what's the best loop to make from the Mill Creek Rd lot based on the old map if there isn't anything newer. Any other recommendations in the vicinity of I-78/100 (exit 49)? Appreciate any responses.
Download the Trailforks app, if you don't use it already. The trails appear to be up to date. Using the Trailforks data, make absolutely sure to ride the Halfpipe(s) and Broken Arrow trails.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have not seen an updated map (I have never used Trailforks but I will check it out). Killdozer is gone. several trails are one-way so pay attention. The place isn't very big so you should have no problem finding everything. When you leave the parking lot onto the trail, take the 1st left about 75 yards onto the trail and it will take you to the top of Halfpipe. That's where I have always started my rides.

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
Cool Trex update...

From Valley Mountain Bikers Facebook

"Kicking of July with a new trail project—full restoration of Brian’s Trail at Trexler’s North Range. Dave King from Dirt Sculpt is bringing the flow and a few little features. Project is supported by Lehigh County Parks and funded by our members and funds raised at Trexxxfest. The trail will be closed fduring construction and should be ready to rip in a little over a week. As always, stay off the old Killdozer trail. The replacement for that trail is on the way!"

·
Registered
127 Posts
Fresh off the presses- new trail mileage coming in fresh!

Kicking of July with a new trail project—full restoration of Brian’s Trail at Trexler’s North Range. Dave King from Dirt Sculpt is bringing the flow and a few little features. Project is supported by Lehigh County Parks and funded by our members and funds raised at Trexxxfest. The trail will be closed fduring construction and should be ready to rip in a little over a week. As always, stay off the old Killdozer trail. The replacement for that trail is on the way! 106588995_2611459748953689_3418232313476408028_n.jpg

·
Registered
589 Posts
Fresh off the presses- new trail mileage coming in fresh!

Kicking of July with a new trail project—full restoration of Brian’s Trail at Trexler’s North Range. Dave King from Dirt Sculpt is bringing the flow and a few little features. Project is supported by Lehigh County Parks and funded by our members and funds raised at Trexxxfest. The trail will be closed fduring construction and should be ready to rip in a little over a week. As always, stay off the old Killdozer trail. The replacement for that trail is on the way! View attachment 1345831
This is fantastic news! I can't wait to check it out!

81 - 100 of 110 Posts