Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey
i'm plannin a trek through peru and was hoping to be able to do alot of it on my bike. i was wondering if anyone had been there before and had any advice. things like whether you had trouble taking your bike certain places, cause i figured poppin monos round macchu pichu might raise a few eyebrows of officials. any advice would be appreciated.
cheers

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey
When are you planning to travel to Peru? There's a rainy season and a dry season in the Andes Mountains. The best time to go to Peru (and ride in the Andes) is from April to late October.

The best trekking trails are not in Cusco or Machu Picchu. The famous Inca trail to Macchu Picchu is awesome though. The best area to hike is Huaraz, 400 Km. north east of Lima. In that place we have the "Cordillera Blanca" or White Mountain Range with the Huascarán Summit (6,869m) It's impressive to hike over there and there are 4 or 5 days trekking programs. There's another one that takes 14 days and it's epic!

If you want to ride your bike, tell me what kind of bike you have. I reccomend a 5 or 6 inches bike where you can climb and descent comfortably. Most of the singletracks are downhill trails and if you like these type of trails, you will be in heaven. Beware because not all the trails are for mountain bikes, some of them are prohibitted.

If you are going to spend lot's of days in Peru, give me a call. There are some incredible trails near Lima, Cusco and Huaraz.

keep riding!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts