Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A BLACK TREK MOUNTAIN BIKE THAT DO NOT HAVE ANY MODEL# ON THE FRAME JUST THE TREK LOGO. ALSO IN THE FRONT ( T ) LOGO SAID HAND BUILD IN THE USA AND THERE IS ANOTHER FACTORY LABEL ON THE MAIN TUBE THAT SAID EASTON PROGRAM TAPER WALL ALLUMINUN ALLOY THE SERIAL# UNDER THE BIKE IS 1485830. THE BIKE WAS RESCUE FROM A OLD AND NASTY BASEMANT AND I JUST MAKING SOME ADJUSTMENTS AND CLEAN UP. IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE A LATE 90's MODEL AND COME EQUIPPED WITH SHIMANO DEORE LX WHEEL HUBS , CRANK SET, FRONT AND REAR DERAIULLERS. SYSTEM COMPONENT HANDLEBAR AND STEM, SELLE ROYALE SADDLE AND MATRIX ALLOY WHEELS.

IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE YEAR AND MODEL# OF THIS BKE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Check out this page for headbadge logos, that will give you a general year range:

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/company/believe/

The quill stem, cantilever brakes, and possibly 110bcd cranks say to me that you are looking at very early 90's.

I have a '93 Trek 7000 that has a threadless stem and a very similar fork to yours. Check to see if the tubes are welded or bonded as well. That may give you a little more information. I'm not sure of which models or years were bonded, but somebody else might.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
today when i get home . Im going to check for another # on the BB because there is a long one divided in sections but two numbers are kind of hard to see. i was reading on another webpage that some one said , the warranty replacement frames comes without model# just with the trek logo on the frame but he also said that the serial # have to start with the letters WR but i do not see wr on any of the #. Im going to take close up pictures of the frame and posted here. the frame is bonded not welded. but thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok this is the other number under BB. 81 0405 7300 21 there is no letters at all on any of the numbers. the frame size is 21" maybe the 21 IS FOR THE FRAME SIZE?. the 7300 maybe it's the model#? I just post some more pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just find out that its from 1988 to 1992 BECAUSE THE FRONT LOGO was made it for those years, and the components sound like a 7000 but some components like rear deraiuller it's a deore xt not LX like I said before all the rest of components are deore lx and the cantilever are shimano alivio. but you know it's possible in the past of the years the previews owners made some upgrades or downgrades

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yup, that's why I posted that Trek link above. To let you check for yourself the year of the headbadge. Also, that's why I asked about the "3" being a "0". Everything except the color and the one digit point toward it being a ~'91-'92 7000 model. The quill stem points toward '91 while the serial number examples point toward a '92 (see below).

Check out the first six digits of your second posting, 81 0405, at the following website under the 1986-1999+ serial numbers (they have examples of the serial numbers of given years):

http://www.vintage-trek.com/SerialNumbers.htm#late86

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.