Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way to go Trek!

Broke chainstay linkage at the shock and destroyed shock. Also had a hairline crack in downtube due to the chainstay break.

Trek had me a new 2019 aluminum Fuel Ex frame with shock in less than 8 days. I bought the bike originally out of convenience and have never owned a trek or thought much of them as a brand. Now, I am digging trek as a company and may be looking at upgrading to the 2020 when it comes out....Assuming they still make it in an XXL!

Thanks Trek!

·
Community Manager at Trek
592 Posts
Way to go Trek!

Broke chainstay linkage at the shock and destroyed shock. Also had a hairline crack in downtube due to the chainstay break.

Trek had me a new 2019 aluminum Fuel Ex frame with shock in less than 8 days. I bought the bike originally out of convenience and have never owned a trek or thought much of them as a brand. Now, I am digging trek as a company and may be looking at upgrading to the 2020 when it comes out....Assuming they still make it in an XXL!

Thanks Trek!
Happy to hear we were able to help you out! Also glad you are apart of our big happy family :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Huge shout out to Trek taking care of my Top Fuel last year, new frame shipped out within 24 hours of it breaking. My local shop Beyond Bikes in Stuart and Trek truly make it difficult to spend money elsewhere. In addition to the Top Fuel my garage now has a Boone RSL, Stache 9.6, and Superfly SS...and I'm still shopping.....

·
Thinking about riding.
2,169 Posts
Lifetime Trek owner, since long before I had any say in the purchase. I owned one Gary Fisher and don't count that against me, because it was in the transition years when I believe Trek had already purchased them. :)

Trek has always helped me out to make things right, even when they weren't obligated to. Nobody's perfect 100% of the time, but I strongly believe Trek puts their best effort into making their customers happy. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I have broken every single bike I've ever owned.

Trek has always taken care of me....even on a 20 year old bike. (1996 Y33, damaged in 2014).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well - Breaking a shock is different than the frame...Did you check the tabs, linkage, and stays for damage? I will sell you my brand new re-active shock for cheap. I don't think much of them (most 200+ lb riders are not a fan)....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.