Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was decided on a brand new 2019 Trek Roscoe 8, but doing some research recently discovered the Orbea Laufey (previously called Loki). The price on both bikes is comparable.

Please help me choose.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,827 Posts
I was decided on a brand new 2019 Trek Roscoe 8, but doing some research recently discovered the Orbea Laufey (previously called Loki). The price on both bikes is comparable.

Please help me choose.
I love a vague question. Zero details about your location, riding style, budget, personal preferences, and no links to the bikes you hoping to compare.

This is a perfect example of how not to ask a question.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,827 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I’ve ridden and liked both bikes. Very similar geometry. Trek Roscoe has slightly steeper seat tube and slacker headtube angle with an imperceptibly longer chainstay. Between these two it really comes down to personal preference or even, dare I say it, color. I think you’ll love either of these bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Trek Stache
1,517 Posts
Thanks for doing the bare minimum. No worries, We'll all just do the research for you and spoon feed you the results.
That reminds me of an article I read last night. https://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-columns/beer-cant-make-bike-buying-decision/

I like everything on the Trek except that noodly 30mm fork. If I were to have leave it stock for a while I would have to go with the Orbea. If he could come up with some more money then I would recommend the Trek Stache 5. 29+ is so awesome!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts

Please help me choose.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Orbea is better head angle. The trek is too steep. The orbea has more stack. Again being more comfortable and better for learning the steep stuff. I think the 46t cassette is fine. Simple to maintain 11 speed and lighter weight. There is no dropper on orbea and that can be added later. So bike is initially lighter there again.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I've ridden and liked both bikes. Very similar geometry. Trek Roscoe has slightly steeper seat tube and slacker headtube angle with an imperceptibly longer chainstay. Between these two it really comes down to personal preference or even, dare I say it, color. I think you'll love either of these bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trek is not slacker. Its 68.3. Thats huge steeper than 67 on orbea. Trek is nervous at speed vs orbea. IMO

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Big question, can you test ride any of these bikes? If the answer is yes, then they're similar enough to say go with the one that you like the colour/shape of best and/or which fits better. For me though, I agree with Huckleberry and put a bit more to get the 29+ Stache.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.