Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am bike shopping and while I realize that the 3 bikes I am looking at are not exactly beginner bikes I am technically a beginner to the sport. I have loved bikes for quite some time but had mainly ridden on the road I road my first trail in 08 and the next time I road was some amazing single track on my vacation to CO this past summer. After that ride I knew that mountain biking would be a life long hobby of mine and so I am ready to buy a bike.

So far I am leaning toward the superfly but I am having a really tough time narrowing it down for sure. I am riding lots of rocky rooty trails with moderate climbing and overall good flow. I am in TX now but am planning on moving to CO in the next few years.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
316 Posts
The similarly priced sf is a triple compared to a double front crank on the stumpy. Fox vs reba. Not much else different. As a beginer or a non beginer it wold be hard to notice much difference. Which ever fits best is the best choice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The geometry as a beginner of the stumpjumper is going to suit you better. I just made the upgrade from stumpy to SF and am glad I didn't dive into the SF. The SF is not nearly as forgiving as the stumpy.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
You out there with the occupy morons?
Nice.

You support a multi million dollar company that sues a one man home run business (who doesn't even make bikes) for merely using the word 'epic' in their business name?

I guess you do.

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, but why are you so threatened by the occupy folks, you wuss?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Kylen, Ive got two rides in so far on the Raleigh. It rides super stable and very fast. Great bike. I would definitely encourage you to check it out further. I just built it up recently and I'm looking forward to getting some more time on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts