Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
That looks like a crack to me, but I am no professional. However I did get a warranty upgrade carbon fiber frame for my Camber from Specialized with something just like that.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Trek has exceptional warranty service, take it to a dealer along with your proof of purchase.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I broke my 2011 SF100 OCLV chain stay and Trek warrantied only the damaged part. The part they sent me was a 2012 or 2013 stay which has a larger ABP pivot than the 2011. If they don't have 2011 parts left, it will mean you will need a new seat stay and a new ABP pivot as well. They have an unlimited time warranty on the main triangle (which I also broke at a different time, also warrantied by Trek) and a 5 year on the rear triangle. The retail price of each stay is just shy of $500 or about $900 for the set. I don't know about the ABP price. I was lucky and purchased an extra set with pivot before the stay broke for super cheap. So I had a new seat stay and pivot and didn't have to buy one. Of course, the cost of R&R will be on you as well. Trek doesn't cover labor charges. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.