Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for someone that possibly frequents the Trek Superstores in the San Diego area , there seems to be at least 5 of them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you want to know?
I live about 2 hours drive from my nearest Trek Dealer and after searching around the interwebs I found the Trek Superstores and their Smoking deals on leftover 2013's . After a phone call and a chat with the Sales Manager , George (at the SD main location) I came to realize that they wont ship bikes , due to Treks policy or actually a lot of bike companies he said. He did say however I could pay for the bike with my credit card but he needed someone to actually physically come into the store and close the deal and for a $60 crate fee plus shipping he would ship the bike to me. So I was wanting to put a feeler out there to see if anyone frequented any of these stores .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not necessarily. Their close out prices aren't awful. The closest LBS to me is the Trek store in North County SD. I don't go there often unless it's for something simple. I've gone out of the way numerous times to go to other bike shops.
Thats what I noticed , their closeout prices on bikes are the best I have seen

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest, if I were you and they weren't cooperating right off the bat... I would move on.
I guess its policy , check the decription on the bikes below where it says add to cart. George says having someone present in the store is the ONLY way they could get around the rule of Trek , they could lose their credit etc with Trek if they dont follow policies. Just thought I may find someone who either frequents the San Diego store or lives down the road lol. The way my work is Id have to plan vacation just to buy a bike , make 2 trips , eish .... I bought my Trek EX 5 off of craigslist and made a 7 hour round trip to get it driving through the night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts