Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trek Session 7 replacement dropout/hanger

2268 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  damion
I just got a Sesssion 7 from an ebay purchase. And as my friend says, no good deal goes unpunished.

Everything looks good, except the rear dropout/hanger was bent. I am assuming that it happend in shipping, but who knows; it is ebay.

Anyways, how much is this part going to cost me? I can't find a price online.

And I got the bike for $1500 (including shipping). It looks near new. I guess it was still an OK deal.

Thanks.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
bring it to the Local bike shop and have them unbend the RD hanger.
Actually, the hanger is made out of cast aluminium. So it just snapped off as soon as I bent it back.
darren_g said:
I just got a Sesssion 7 from an ebay purchase. And as my friend says, no good deal goes unpunished.

Everything looks good, except the rear dropout/hanger was bent. I am assuming that it happend in shipping, but who knows; it is ebay.

Anyways, how much is this part going to cost me? I can't find a price online.

And I got the bike for $1500 (including shipping). It looks near new. I guess it was still an OK deal.

Thanks.
Hangers get bent in shipping all the time. Go get a new one for $5, you got a good deal, no griping about a part that's meant to break.
Try about $20 or so.

here is a site if you can not find it locally. (Please try)

www.derailleurhanger.com

here are the Trek models.

http://www.derailleurhanger.com/trek.htm
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.