Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm between Trek Roscoe 8 or Specialized Fuse Comp. Both bikes msrp are similar.
Any thoughts or recommendations ???
Appreciate your help.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Go with Trek, I also would suggest Salsa Timberjack, shorter rear end and you can go 29 or 27.5+. I got the TJ over both and was super happy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
The bike must fit you, me having long legs = one is better, try using them 90 min to find the one that is confortable.
If equal choose the shop you have confidence with.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
It really wasn't about components for me as it was about fit, the Fuse just didn't feel right at all (again imo). I am in no way a "big S hater" they make great bikes but for me it's Trek. And I have always been a high end custom boutique bike snob. Long long list of bikes. You really just need to ride both and one of them should just speak to you over all. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Thanks Fred. If the op is still shopping i hope he/she is happy with what gets purchased and lets us know. Post a pic.

Every bike is diff and every rider as well. So enjoy shopping and get out riding

·
Registered
13 Posts
As mentioned before, fit and feel are key. Everything else can be upgraded as you go. I would also add the Rocky Mountain Growler to your list (and maybe Cannondale Cujo). I'm currently bike shopping and comparing similar bikes. The mid-tier Growler has a better fork than the Trek or Fuse. You also have the option of jumping to the top-tier and getting the RS Revelation. https://99spokes.com/compare?bikes=...p-27.5plus-2019,rockymountain-growler-40-2019

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Fred. If the op is still shopping i hope he/she is happy with what gets purchased and lets us know. Post a pic.

Every bike is diff and every rider as well. So enjoy shopping and get out riding
Here's my purchase. Delivered today to my LBS.... TREK FUEL EX 8 Plus.
27.5 plus tires. Fox 34 suspension, SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain. I'm very happy with it !!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.