Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new here. I used to be big into mountain biking and hoping to get back into it. So I'm looking for a bike. unfortunately, the bike falls too far on my priority list of purchases but someday it will happen.

So I have been looking all over. I like to ride basically all mountain. My bro has an Intense Tracer that he loves. I've been looking at maybe a Trek Superfly.

I came across a TREK REMEDY to be sold at auction in a couple weeks. So my question is HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH? unfortunately, all I have to go off of at the moment is the attached picture. But anything you can tell me based on the picture or what I should look for in person when I see it to get a better idea is helpful. I don't know the model year or anything like that unless you can identify it from the picture. I know it's not much to go on, but anything is helpful.

In the end I'd like to think I could get this bike as a steal at auction, and if it's not right for me maybe sell it and put the profit money towards something else. So how much is reasonable at auction and how much do you think I could get selling it privately on classifieds?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
From the pictures, I looks like it could be a 2010 Remedy 8, but not knowing for sure or knowing the components it has on there, its really hard to put a value on it.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Figure out the specific bike you're looking at. The paint on a Trek changes every year. Trek has good archives. bikepedia.com is another good resource, and tends to have MSRP.

I think a bike drops about 40% of its value when one rolls it out of the shop, and more for every year and ding thereafter. Ultimately, it's worth what a buyer and a seller agree it's worth. Or, what the person with the loosest wallet thinks it's worth at auction.

Good luck!

·
I ride bikes
2,420 Posts
Looks like a 2010 Remedy 9.9. It is a used carbon all mountain bike, so unless you get to inspect it before hand I would be a little weary. If it is in great shape, and you have the cash, you should go for it. Great bikes.

MSRP New:
$6,820

BBB Value:(?)
$3,123 (Like-New)
$2,975 (Excellent)
$2,677 (Good)
$1,993 (Fair)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Poking around our local classifieds, the cheapest Remedy I saw was $1500. And it seemed like they averaged a little more than that. I will get a chance to inspect it before auction and will definitely look if its carbon or aluminum. It'll be two weeks though. So I'll keep digging for around for anything I can find out about it and keep you updated as to how much it goes for at auction. Should be fun. Auctions are fun regardless right?

·
I ride bikes
2,420 Posts
Thanks guys. Poking around our local classifieds, the cheapest Remedy I saw was $1500. And it seemed like they averaged a little more than that. I will get a chance to inspect it before auction and will definitely look if its carbon or aluminum. It'll be two weeks though. So I'll keep digging for around for anything I can find out about it and keep you updated as to how much it goes for at auction. Should be fun. Auctions are fun regardless right?
It all depends on the model, components, and condition.
For instance a 2010 Remedy 7 has lower end components and has aluminum frame. They go between 1000-1500 around here. The 9.9 is carbon and is all top of the line. It will go for a lot more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The auction was this weekend. It turns out it was a carbon bike. It was pretty sweet. But because it was carbon it went for a bit more at auction. I think the final selling price settled around $2200, which I think is a great bargain for the bike. Unfortunately it was more than I was willing to fork out cash for a bike :( Guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for another sweet deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts