Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping around for a new stronger wheelset to replace the Dusters on Shimano Stocks..

I think I'm leaning towards Hope Pro II Hubs & Stans Flows..

I just wanted to ask..

I know I need a 15mm Front Axle..

but what about the rear? with the ABP and all?

a normal QR axle is surely too small? no?

please help!

:thumbsup:

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
According to the specs I'm seeing, the '11 Remedy 7 is standard 135, not maxle 142x12. But it can be converted. The conversion parts will run you around $100.

·
Trail Rider
1,980 Posts
Any standard 135mm wheel can be used with your bike. You just need to use the extra long skewer that your bike currently has. The Remedy 7 does not have the 142x12 through-axle. You can convert the bike to run a 142x12, but in order to do that you need to get new ABP hardware from Trek and a Maxle through-axle. The Maxle alone costs about $80-90.

·
Ride Hard. Go Fast.
260 Posts
Any standard 135mm wheel can be used with your bike. You just need to use the extra long skewer that your bike currently has. The Remedy 7 does not have the 142x12 through-axle. You can convert the bike to run a 142x12, but in order to do that you need to get new ABP hardware from Trek and a Maxle through-axle. The Maxle alone costs about $80-90.
I have a 2010 remedy 9.8 that I will be converting to 142x12. Hoping to convert a set of Mavic Crossmax XT wheels to make it work. Wouldn't mind finding the hardware used. ;)

·
74 & 29 pilot
2,271 Posts
I have a 2010 remedy 9.8 that I will be converting to 142x12. Hoping to convert a set of Mavic Crossmax XT wheels to make it work. Wouldn't mind finding the hardware used. ;)
Don't think you can do it. I couldn't on my '10. Different drop outs for the '11 Maxel that don't fit the '10 or earlier models. Sucks.

MTBP

·
74 & 29 pilot
2,271 Posts
That's interesting to know since I've checked with 2 different Trek shops and they've said that the parts are available and work on the 2010.
So did two of my Trek shops. Not true, unless they make a special kit for 2010 or earlier and ABP.

MTBP

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.