Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· CB
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this typical in the bike world? An "owners manual" that makes absolutely no reference to your particular bike? I guess this is what they give ALL Trek buyers. It even includes things like how to adjust the seat on a tricycle! So far this is my only gripe about them, I love my 4900. But why not include a manual that at least makes some reference to things that are model specific?? Car makers do, among many others.

· Registered
1,592 Posts
Gotta Tell you the last car owner's manual I got had more information suitable for a high school driver's ed course than relavent to the car I had purchased. REAL information like where the fuse panel was and how to open it without breaking the stupid plastic construction down to how to replace the tail and head lights was almost non-existant.

My Fisher manual was not quite crap but very close to it.

· (enter witty phrase here)
2,194 Posts
CBar said:
Is this typical in the bike world? An "owners manual" that makes absolutely no reference to your particular bike? I guess this is what they give ALL Trek buyers. It even includes things like how to adjust the seat on a tricycle! So far this is my only gripe about them, I love my 4900. But why not include a manual that at least makes some reference to things that are model specific?? Car makers do, among many others.
Just like your auto manual, they want all the service/maintenance performed by the dealer. The "owners manual" isn't much more than legal mumbo jumbo & safty precautions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.