Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi All - I inherited a 51cm Bianchi road bike recently and though it is a little too big for me, I bought the clip in shoes and have started to learn to ride. Last time I was on a bike was 20yrs ago in college. I love it BUT I hate being passed by cars and find being clipped to a bike and unable to negotiate sand or sidewalks scary. (Not to mention the falls I've taken while stopped and clipped in : ( I think I'd like a bike that I can ride about 20miles on the road a couple times a week but also use for riding with my kids (4 and 5 yrs old - boardwalk style) as well as for short fitness jaunts. This has led me to the Trek Neko. Just wondering if anyone can comment on whether or not this is the right way to go for my goals? Also, on this bike, can I change the handle bars to make it more of a road bike later? (I will keep my oversized bianchi (I'm about 5'3 with shoes on) for now so I can learn to ride in groups and keep up) though I'd love to know if I could ride a Neko with beginner C class rides and keep up as well. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I think the Neko is more of a mountain bike then a road race bike. It will be good for everything you described except for keeping up with c class riders.

Changing the handlebars road race style will result (I think) in a very uncomfortable riding position.

Keep the Bianchi for that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.