Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the forum and looking forward to everyone's advice. I'm in the market for a new bike as my last one was stolen and I'm leaning towards a Trek Marlin 7. I know there are better spec'd bikes for a similar price but I want a 3x as I'll be using it to commute to work as well as do some light trail riding. My question is, is the 7 worth the money over the 6? I plan on riding it stock as long as possible and upgrading as things break/wear out. Where I am the difference after tax is about $250CAD. From where I stand that gets me a rockshox (I know it's still a coil fork), slightly better components, and a colour I prefer. Is the 7 worth the extra money? We don't have any hard trails so I expect the stock set up to last awhile. Let me know what you all think, any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think for the money, it’s a great deal. I ended up going with the Marlin 7, and don’t hesitate one but. Great bike to start off with, no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,927 Posts
At my shop we sell more 7's than 6's, it's a step up but it gives you the advantages you have noted. Same great frame as the M6 but Suspension and drivetrain on the M7 takes it into a level of componenets that you can grow into as a rider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.