Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just got a Trek Fuel EX8 in the last couple of weeks and am in the process of looking for an all mountain tire (the stock Bontragers are awful). I ride mostly southern Ohio hardpack with a few roots and rocks mixed in. I'm thinking of going with either a set of Big Betty's or Fat Albert's based upon what I've read in other posts, but am not sure if the 2.40 will fit my frame. Anybody have any idea if they will fit, or how I can take a measurement to see if they will fit? Also, if the 2.40's won't, are the 2.25 versions of either tire any good? All I could find reviews of are the 2.40's.

Thanks!
Travis

·
Registered
249 Posts
hey man one of my friends has the same bike he put on the 2.3 kendas. ill take a look at his bike and see if there is more room for the 2.4

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
surly_an_instigator said:
2.4's fit fine
You sure about that?

There are posts in the Trek forum mentioning 2.35 Nevegals rubbing at the back.

FWIW, I run the 2.1 Nevs front and rear on my EX9 and like them a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info everybody...

I got the same impression from some other posts that it would be a tight fit at best. I think I've decided to go with a Nobby Nic EVO 2.25 up front and a Racing Ralph EVO 2.25 in the rear. We have mostly hard pack here in Ohio where I ride, so based upon what I've been reading, this pair looks like it may be the ticket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts