Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a trak fuel 70..and i wanna replace the stem..but notice theres spacers..and on bontrager site it shows 50mm ..but all the stems i see are smaller..but not sure about spacers? do they come with the stem..or how do i know what size?

also the current spacers are all on the bottom..could i put some on top to make it lower? like just leave 1 small spacer on bottom?

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Mach said:
hi, i have a trak fuel 70..and i wanna replace the stem..but notice theres spacers..and on bontrager site it shows 50mm ..but all the stems i see are smaller..but not sure about spacers? do they come with the stem..or how do i know what size?

also the current spacers are all on the bottom..could i put some on top to make it lower? like just leave 1 small spacer on bottom?
Most new bikes come with spacers under the stem. The spacers can be either:

1) removed. This would make the steerer tube on the fork too long and it would have to be cut.

2) the spacers can be moved from under the stem..to over the stem. THis is the easiest thing to do. It doesn't require cutting the steerer tube. This is the safest way to check to see if you really do want to lower the stem by removing the spacers and cutting the tube.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts