Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've posted this in another area of the forum, but haven't had any joy yet, hopefully someone can help me out. I'm looking at getting a 2007 Fuel Ex 8 soon enough, and just want to check something out. In the photo on the Trek website, the rear suspension rocker sits pretty high up in the front triangle of the frame, but I think this may be just that a small frame size has been used for the photo. I have a bike rack (Saris Bones) where one of the arms has to fit into that corner of the front triangle, so was just curious if it will fit. Can anyone confirm if the rocker sits lower down in larger frame sizes? I'm looking at either a 17.5" or 19.5". Thanks in advance.

Marc

·
Registered
272 Posts
marcusmaximus said:
Hi,

I've posted this in another area of the forum, but haven't had any joy yet, hopefully someone can help me out. I'm looking at getting a 2007 Fuel Ex 8 soon enough, and just want to check something out. In the photo on the Trek website, the rear suspension rocker sits pretty high up in the front triangle of the frame, but I think this may be just that a small frame size has been used for the photo. I have a bike rack (Saris Bones) where one of the arms has to fit into that corner of the front triangle, so was just curious if it will fit. Can anyone confirm if the rocker sits lower down in larger frame sizes? I'm looking at either a 17.5" or 19.5". Thanks in advance.

Marc
Well, even if it doesn't you can buy one of those bars that clamps to the seatpost and on the steerer tube, above the headset, but below the stem... lemme see if i can find a link..

http://yakima.com/Product.aspx?id=40

there it is. So buy the bike you want! no worries!

GL,
-don

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Don, Saris do something similar, but doesn't seem as sturdy, that yakima one looks pretty tough though, could be just what I need

Marc

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Eric,

thanks for the pic. I think they've changed the rocker slightly on the 2007 model (I think your's is a 2006??), but I'm pretty sure it'll fit just fine anyway, I can always get one of those top tube adaptor things if needs be anyway. Now to have a word with the bank manager.....hmmm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.