Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and here goes my first post!

I recently bought a 2006 Trek Fuel EX7. I have been loving it, but feel like getting the suspension dialed in.

I was going to buy a Rock Shox shock pump, but for the life of me I cannot find the requirments for the pressure and settings anywhere. I can only find 2008 and 2010 which had switched to a Fox Shock.

I wrote to Trek and they have yet to write me back.

Please help me get my suspension to a good baseline :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
625 Posts
had the chance to play around with a 07' EX7 and am not sure if they have the same specs but for the REAR, if its RP23 this may help FLOAT RP23

for the front:
FLOAT 130 RL

·
Registered
417 Posts
Set it up pressure-wise with it open. With you sitting on the bike geared up aim for 25-30% of sag. Measure the shaft (or let the air out to get its maximum travel. The sag should be 25-30% of that. Then play with the rebound while riding around.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hello and here goes my first post!

I recently bought a 2006 Trek Fuel EX7. I have been loving it, but feel like getting the suspension dialed in.

I was going to buy a Rock Shox shock pump, but for the life of me I cannot find the requirments for the pressure and settings anywhere. I can only find 2008 and 2010 which had switched to a Fox Shock.

I wrote to Trek and they have yet to write me back.

Please help me get my suspension to a good baseline :)

Thanks!
Theu are using a propriety shock now called the DCRV. My advice is to try to acquire one of those; otherwise , itll feel pretty crappy

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Set it up pressure-wise with it open. With you sitting on the bike geared up aim for 25-30% of sag. Measure the shaft (or let the air out to get its maximum travel. The sag should be 25-30% of that. Then play with the rebound while riding around.
Here's a perfect starting point regardless of the shock type ^. Compared to a Fox the pressure settings will be lower. The RS has MoCo so after you set the sag / spring rate you can adjust the rebound & MoCo for your terrain / riding preference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts