Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking on ebay for a few months for a Trek Fuel Ex 8 or similar in a size 17.5". I have test drove a lot of bikes at LBSs and the Fuel Ex is what I liked the best. I also liked the Giant Trance but I did not like the high stand over height. A 2008-2009 Ex 8 has been selling for around $1500 on ebay. After missing a bid on a nice bike this morning I started to look at a new one. All the new ones are either black, gray or silver. What happened to colors? I love the green on the 2009 Ex 8. With spring just around the corner, I suppose I need to widen my options. So what suggestions to you have for me? I'm 5'8", looking for a full suspension trail bike around $1500 used, or $2000 new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I checked the website and you can still get the green color (called Matte Sepia) in the 2011 Fuel EX 8. I just got my 2011 EX 8 but it is in black. I think the upgraded technology and components are worth going for a 2010 or 2011 model.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The EX8 is a great bike. I love mine. And you can get a 2011 in a greenish color, as veloduffer said. I have to say, though, that color shouldn't be the make-or-break issue with a bike...but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I didn't notice the color choices on their website at first. The color isn't the deciding factory for me, just a small complaint. What about a 2011 Ex 5? I wouldn't mind saving a grand.

·
Braille Riding Instructor
1,146 Posts
jayaimzzz said:
What happened to colors? I love the green on the 2009 Ex 8.
I'm with you on this one. I think the official name was "khaki satin green" or something like that. It was an absolutely gorgeous bike. :thumbsup:

The matte sepia color Trek has offered the past two years is also sweet. If only I had the dough ... :madman:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.