Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post on the site!

So I got the 2016 fuel ex 7 last week and have been hitting up the trails like crazy. It's an amazing bike.

Past few days I haven't been able to make it out to any trails, so I've been riding around my complex trying to learn a bunnyhop (I know that it's harder to bunnyhop a 29er than other size wheeled bikes). I watched multiple videos on how to bunnyhop and practiced all the steps. However I keep accidentally shoving the saddle into my sorry ass:madman:, which I solved by simple removing the seat. But I obviously do not want to have to keep doing that every time I want to practice bunnyhopping.

So my question is, should I get my seat sawed down so I can lower it (as of now it can't be lowered any further due to the screws from the EVO link), or simply buy a new seat that is lower than the original. Or am I just simply not bunnyhopping correctly?

Thanks for the help

·
Cactus Cuddler
1,818 Posts
I think you've discovered why dropper posts are a thing - that said, you're probably leaning too hard on the upper body to get the bike up if you're coming back down that hard. I'd look into both.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm also a new rider learning to bunny hop on a 29er, Trek Superfly 5. I have been working to learn keeping my seat at trail height so I can eventually do it on the trail. I can't give good advice yet, but I will follow this thread.

My issue seems to be with gripping my pedals enough to feel confident getting that back tire up further. I get about double/triple the height in the parking lot than I do when I approach a log on the trail. I did order new pedals though :)

Anyways, good luck to you gstick!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts