Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
awwe screw Mr. Brown. The beard doesn't suit him....

I found slowthansnot!

Nice! Err. Dave Nice!

And I'll be polite and not post the other one...ahem. Too much of your whiskey there Dave? :)

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Correct if I'm wrong (support me if I'm right), didn't we get TB Fuel 69er pics months ago? With those same handlebars.

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
yes, pics before were a 96er with an FRM fork, this is a 29er, its so easy to tell from the pics on cyclingnews.com. i bet brant is loving having the big T on a set of mary bars! you cant get better advertising than that!

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
The crown looks like a stripped REBA crown to me... wouldn't be too hard to strip and polish.

JMH

·
Registered
5 Posts
Um, guys im going to have to burst your bubble. That is not a Trek 69er. Last time I looked it was a single speed hardtail. The bike shown is a dualie 29er of some sort. :nono:

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
You misunderstand........

C-Dog29 said:
Um, guys im going to have to burst your bubble. That is not a Trek 69er. Last time I looked it was a single speed hardtail. The bike shown is a dualie 29er of some sort. :nono:
Trek doesn't "own" the tag, "69er" and it isn't necessarily indicative of a hardtail or full suspension bike. It's a generic term for any mountain bike with a 26 inch rear and 29 inch front tire. Maybe you know that and are being sarcastic....dunno, whatever the case may be, you come off as being mis informed.

The bike in question, a Trek Fuel, has been seen several times around the country piloted by Mr. Brown as a 69"er. This appears , as you say, to be a full on 29"er. If that is truly the case, it is a noteworthy thing, not only from the standpoint of Trek's entering, (possibly) into the 29"er market, (Fisher not withstanding) but also a break from the usual modus operandi of Travis Brown.

My contact at Trek was surprised, ( or at least acted surprised) that Brown was riding such a bike, indicating that he has personally seen several examples of the "69er" version of the Fuel in W'loo WI. A full on 29"er was a surprise to him.

My opinion is that it's a prototype and Trek is in fact going to have 29"ers for '08. I have heard rumblings of such activities since last spring. I think we'll all know very soon. ;)

·
Really I am that slow
3,778 Posts
The fork

~martini~ said:
And I'll be polite and not post the other one...ahem. Too much of your whiskey there Dave? :)
Ummm yup!

The fork was a reba with a 51mm crown or 57mm I can't remember what TB said.....

Prob the whiskey is why I can't remember...

:p

·
2,856 Posts
teamdicky said:
Polite hell.
I can't tell. What are you running up front there Dave???
Jeez Dave!!!! So let me guess, you're thinking that maybe your clothes will be stolen instead of the bike at GDR this year and you're training for every possible scenario.....

Ahem, now you know why I quit drinking the Stran's after the holidays....as much as I like it.

Ed E

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was wrong I missed that it said fuel. But I am not misinformed I realize what 69er means. What I am saying is that the wheels are the same size so you wouldnt be able to call it a 69er now would you. That is the basic point that I was trying to say.:madman:

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Offset?

SlowerThenSnot said:
Ummm yup!

The fork was a reba with a 51mm crown or 57mm I can't remember what TB said.....
Of offset, Dave? Fork offset in that range is unheard of on a 29"er susser! Maybe Rock Shox is playing around with a different offset for the Reba. It'd make sense with the new Manitou coming out and before long a Fox fork.

Prob the whiskey is why I can't remember...

:p
We aren't going to have any of these hi-jinx at T.I.V3, are we Dave? ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts