Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
GuruAtma said:
This weekend is the Trek / Fisher demo at Annadel. There will be both MTB and road bikes. You can try out fancy shmancy bikes on real trails. Kona will be having their demo day at Annadel in May.

Here's a bit more info:
http://norcalcycling.com/stores/index.shtml#newsitem1113586169,61998,
YEAH! Thanks for the info. I'll be there bright and early. Well 10am at least since it doesn't start till then ;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried the Liquid and the Fisher Cake. I liked the cake a bit more--I really noticed the difference a few pounds makes for climbing compared to my Enduro. I think I'll take out the heavy slime tubes from my bike until goat head season starts.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
I tried the Liquid, but I pass

I've been interested in trying a longer travel bike recently so I tried the Liquid after finishing our 25 miler 75 minutes faster than our group rides. Some of that saved time is certainly due to the fact I barely stop when riding solo. But I hope some of it is because I'm getting better.

I took the Liquid up and back down Cobblestone. I must have been nuts. It climbed much better than I thought it would. But of course no comparison to my Epic. However, I was really surprised that the 5" front and rear travel felt like less than my Epic. Perhaps it wasn't set up properly. Or perhaps it's just because I'm used to my bike and I'd just finished bombing down Cobblestone. I was a bit more conservative with the Liquid since I wasn't familiar with it. I really wanted to try the GF Cake but the ones in my size were out.

It was a beautiful sunny day at Annadel and except for the usual beginning of S. Burma and a few bits on Marsh, the trails were very nice.

·
och aye
42 Posts
Liked the Liquid

I took the Liquid up Cobblestone, round Orchard, to live Oak and down N Burma. I liked it a lot, especially once I'd flipped about 1" of spacers to above the stem to drop the bars a bit. Then it really climbed remarkably well for a 5"er.
The sussie set up took some time with Kurt and I only used about 4" acording to the o-ring, but it was really smooth and way better than what I'm used to riding - though that wouldn't be too hard. Bottom line - I thought 5" is a bit OTT for Annadel

Kurt and the guys from Norcal did a great job and should be applauded, supported.

Any news if Spesh are doing a demo this year?
I'd love another chance on the Brainy Enduro and a nice light Epic

·
Paper or plastic?
10,631 Posts
haggisus said:
I took the Liquid up Cobblestone, round Orchard, to live Oak and down N Burma. I liked it a lot, especially once I'd flipped about 1" of spacers to above the stem to drop the bars a bit. Then it really climbed remarkably well for a 5"er.
The sussie set up took some time with Kurt and I only used about 4" acording to the o-ring, but it was really smooth and way better than what I'm used to riding - though that wouldn't be too hard. Bottom line - I thought 5" is a bit OTT for Annadel

Kurt and the guys from Norcal did a great job and should be applauded, supported.

Any news if Spesh are doing a demo this year?
I'd love another chance on the Brainy Enduro and a nice light Epic
This is slightly OT, but I have a buddy who was looking at buying a bike back in Feb. He was considering the Liquid among others. He called a couple shops and they both told him that they did not have any in stock because it was a slow seller and they had better alternatives out there in 5". He ended up getting a Reign.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.