Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I've decided I want a dropper post, something like the Fox Transfer 150mm, and would prefer to route the cable internally.

I've never done this kind of thing before, so figured I'd ask the collective wisdom for the best way to route the cable.

Thanks,
Toby.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, so you go down the underside of the downtube, then upwards into the port on the lower left of the seat tube? Like in the photo...

2016-12-28 16.28.19 markedup.jpg

Or would you turn it back upwards between the chain stays?

Thanks,
Toby.

·
since 4/10/2009
31,928 Posts
OK, so you go down the underside of the downtube, then upwards into the port on the lower left of the seat tube? Like in the photo...

View attachment 1112929

Or would you turn it back upwards between the chain stays?

Thanks,
Toby.
As with routing ANY cable, use smoother, wider bends. Tight bends add friction and mess up functionality. As mentioned before, the bend goes ABOVE the BB.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roger that.

What's the usual method for attaching an extra cable? Zip tie it to the existing cables where possible? Wrapping a zip tie around the entire tube has gotta look unsightly, and endanger the paint.

Thanks,
Toby.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
The guides have a slot for a zip tie to pass through. You'll likely need to cut off the existing zip tie and place a new one that secures all the cables at that guide. If you have little plastic "C" shaped clips, remove those carefully and toss them in the garbage. Replace with a zip tie!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts