Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am trying to make a decision on two bikes. It is between the 2007 Trek EX 9 and 2007 Gary Fisher Hifi Pro. I have ridden the EX 9 and Hifi Deluxe, albeit in barking lots and a size smaller than I need (no one carries 21" frames). Because these are "higher end" than most places carry, it's very hard for me to get any riding time. Both bikes seem to have about the same components. The EX 9 has a the Fox Talas RL fork (which I like) and the Hifi Pro has the Manitou Minute Super Air which I know nothing about. Does anyone have any thoughts between the two bikes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
537 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that Fisher uses their "Genesis" geometry which changes the front end around. Some love it, some hate it. I rode an older Sugar that uses the Genesis geometry, and I like it. For 2007 they came out with a "Genesis 2" geometry that is a little different from previous offerings. I haven't ridden one yet, so I can't comment on that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.