Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that Trek has a sneak preview of their 2005 line online. It only shows a 2 fuels and a glimpse of a Liquid at the top. Then some hardtails.
It seems as if a few of their higher-end hardtails are going to have the Reba on them. I just glanced at the site so I cant remember which ones.. I should of posted this in the Trek forum but no one really goes their that often, so I decided to put it here.
Check 'em out.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
who cares, treck sucks

owner john burke is an arrogant republican a-hole. I hope he and zap kill each other. trecks are like chevys, the product doesn't especially suck, but they're oh so boring. and every dweeb out there has one. yawn. when I find a treck frame in the trash and convert into a singlespeed or fixer or something I always spray paint it flat black because I'd be ashamed to be seen on a treck.

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
Hater

5char
bulC said:
owner john burke is an arrogant republican a-hole. I hope he and zap kill each other. trecks are like chevys, the product doesn't especially suck, but they're oh so boring. and every dweeb out there has one. yawn. when I find a treck frame in the trash and convert into a singlespeed or fixer or something I always spray paint it flat black because I'd be ashamed to be seen on a treck.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Moron

bulC said:
enough said.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
my opinion

Philo Beddoe said:
enough said.
I am a man with strong opinions and convictions, all empirically formed over my half century. I know both people I mentioned. Trecks are boring vanilla bikes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
give me a freakin break, what a bunch of bike snobs. treks are a fine value for the money and don't give you too many surprises (good or bad). they are stable reliable bikes, and a lot of shops carry them. here in the midwest its hard to find the smaller brands at an lbs. you're pretty much left with trek, specialized, giant, gt, etc. Not too many broadies or turners to be had unless you go mail order. personally i've only owned giant and intense, but I wouldn't look down on a trek or any real mountain bike for that matter.

·
bonkin' clyde
831 Posts
very sweet

geddy2112 said:
I just noticed that Trek has a sneak preview of their 2005 line online. It only shows a 2 fuels and a glimpse of a Liquid at the top. Then some hardtails.
It seems as if a few of their higher-end hardtails are going to have the Reba on them. I just glanced at the site so I cant remember which ones.. I should of posted this in the Trek forum but no one really goes their that often, so I decided to put it here.
Check 'em out.
I saw the 8500 also has the new reba fork...sweet stuff man. I'll probly not have enough moola for one of them by the end of '05, but then maybe I'll get me a sweet '06 bike...

·
Registered
323 Posts
well

bulC said:
Whether you like trek or not they are the most successful bike company in the world...and they didn't there by accident. Love 'em or hate 'em you at least have to given them credit. They have pumped A LOT of money (stress on A LOT) into advocacy...it ain't like John is taken the money and run'n (sure he's rich because of trek). But the pro-cycling lobbyists that Trek has (and other non-profits that Trek funds) are pushing the sport ahead. First it was Schwinn...now it's Trek... and someday another bike company will overtake Trek and everyone will hate them... but we need big powerful bike companies with a ton of cash to mass produce bikes and to bring down prices and create competition so we may all enjoy the sport without having to re-mortgage the house. It's capitalism at its best....

But it's a shame we highjacked this thread with anti-Trek propaganda. The paint jobs on the new '05s are really cool...nice and clean and simple. I'm so stoked about the Reba!

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
I thought age & wisdom went together.

bulC said:
I am a man with strong opinions and convictions, all empirically formed over my half century. I know both people I mentioned. Trecks are boring vanilla bikes.
At least my half century did for me...LOL! Seriously though hardly any of the people who are driven to achieve success in business like Burke has are perfect examples of humanity...if anyone is. Generally the attention and attitude is takes to be successful at such a level kinda sucks in my opinion. Give the guy a break. I don't think he's member of the Nazi party. And your comment about Trek bikes...good grief, Trek has invented and/or developed many valuable products and concepts for the bike community. Their OCLV work alone would be enough to establish them as an important player. Their focus in more recent years may have been in the road bike arena, but through the Trek name and their other brands, they have some very decent models. Their value is also very hard to beat at any level. It would be a refreshing change if we could back off of being so elitist in our views about bike brands, and I guess...even people. We're talking about bikes...not Saddam Hussein or the fall of Western civilization.

·
Registered
116 Posts
bulC said:
Sir,

Thank you for making me feel good about my decision to purchase 3 TREKs this year. I was beginning to think I might have made a mistake. AND in just "4 more years" I will have been breathing the free oxygen on the planet long enough to have strong opinions and convictions just like you. Can't wait!

Tom

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thing of it is is that you put 95% of the riders that buy "boutipue" flavor of the day bikes can get blown away by a good rider on a $500 bike or even a Huffy for that matter.

Just ride, who cares about the cache of your bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.