Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone converted a Trek 69er singlespeed to belt driven? If so, how'd it go. Seems like the 69er would be an excellent frame for conversion.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I haven't chased the link above yet, but when I bought my 69'er last year, the Trek store had a road bike with the belt drive on it, and very similar dropouts as on the SS mtb...but the drive side frame was split and the sliders bridged the gap. This was a bike from the factory.

Edit: like the attached, w/o the rack mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
EBasil said:
I haven't chased the link above yet, but when I bought my 69'er last year, the Trek store had a road bike with the belt drive on it, and very similar dropouts as on the SS mtb...but the drive side frame was split and the sliders bridged the gap. This was a bike from the factory.

Edit: like the attached, w/o the rack mount.
Yeah, that is the District and Soho bikes that have the belt drive capabilities. This is the dropouts on the 69er, it would be sweet to run belt drive, but you need a slot in the frame somewhere.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
EBasil said:
I think the deal would be to cut the SS frame right where the other Trek frames are also cut, in the area bridged by the sliding dropout. This seems like an elegant solution, particularly if there's a way to match the paint, since it could be easily done at home w/o any weld/torch work.
Yeah, I would feel pretty confident if you could also mount a small plate on the outside of the sliding dropouts as well to support it. It would be a great setup!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts