Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks and have visited my local bike shop a few times. I've narrowed my choice down to these two bikes. I was wanting everyones opinions on which of these two bikes I should get.
Thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
No comparison whatsoever except the fork and that the piranha has disc. I'm getting a Piranha :D. I would definitely go with the 6500. The components on that are much better then on the Piranha, and the orange is wicked sick. Assuming, that is, that you are not talking about the 6500 disc. The Piranha is much closer to the 4900 then the 6500.

Anyway, I would get the 6500. Have fun!!

~Shorty~

·
Registered
37 Posts
The two bikes are listed at about $100 difference. The trek defiantly has better components with the fisher only having 20mm more travel on the fork (though it's the same fork, what’s up with that? Is it the preload?). I own the piranha and love the genesis geo and the disc brakes. Climbs great and handles better than I could have hoped, for the money. Haven't had any trouble with the lower end components yet and I stress yet. I figured with the $100 less spent at the time I would be able to ride those cheaper derailleurs for a good while and spend the $100 down the road on upgrades plus come out of the deal with disc brakes (switching from v-brakes to disc has been a real pleasure).

IMHO I would go with the piranha but then again I have a bias opinion because I own the very same bike. Test ride both of them and see how they feel to you. Good luck either way you decide to go!

·
Registered
40 Posts
the 6500 is a excellent bike but if you can go with the 6700 the brakes forks and component upgrade will save you more money down the road. I have been look for a 6700 but there are none in my size until the 07 are released

1 - 4 of 4 Posts